DFSee version 16.2 has been released, with some new functionality and fixes.
MINOR release, meaning you get it for FREE if you have a 16.x key already.
It adds a few refinements to the UI, the BROWSER and the menu.
Then it has support for creating newer versions of the DFSPUPPY USB-stick that are based on the latest 'BionicPuppy' PUPPY Linux, in turn based on Ubuntu 18.04
(The DFSPUP64.IMZ variant of that is already available for download)
Of course, as usual, there are also smaller improvements and bug fixes.
There will be a version 16.3 rather soon, that adds the 32-bit variant for
the DFSPUPPY USB stick, and cleans up the menu items and scripts for them.
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, file recovery/UNDELETE and
smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
It will require an upgrade if you currently have a registration for an older ver
- APFS: DO show file/dir name when Inode not found in BROWSE/Show
- BROWSE: Cleaned up the context-popup-menu for single file select
- BROWSE: Do NOT show HIDDEN (by attribute or .filename) by default
- BROWSE: Keep same file/dir selected, on Hide/Show items ()
- BROWSE: Add a hint to file RENAME dialog to keep the SAME length
- CR dlg (GPT/MBR) popup type-list menu on or mouse button 2
- CR/mcs-numbers: Allow hex/oct prefix/postfix on positional params
- DFSPUP64: Use large tracksize to accomodate GRUB2 bootloader code
- FAT: Added usage with '-?' for FATSIM, FATWRIM, FINDROOT and PATH
- FAT: New 'FATSYNC' command directly copies one FAT area to other
- FAT: PATH command fixed for specified LFN directory entry numbers
- GENPART: Create log on current dir; Use explicit -t: / -s: values
- IMAGE/CLONE: SMART protect MBR-area full cylinder for bootloaders
- MENU: 'Change partition Type', new hints to FS-conversion in HELP
- MENU: Finetune menu-header + button layout and line-wrapping
- MENU: GET DFSPUPPY IMZ and MAKE DFSPUPPY STICK text made generic
- MENU: Renamed 'Display' heading to 'View' for consistency & space
- NTFS: Hide or Show $xxx root systemfiles like $MFT in the BROWSER
- OS/2: WPI installer updated to update the DFSee folder in-place
- PART: No display corruption from unprintable characters in labels
- PTE dialog (GPT) popup type-list menu on or mouse button 2
- REG: Temporary reg keys may allow up to a year of evaluation time
- SET: 'RMBMENU on/off' sets RMB to menu-open key translation
- UI: FileDialog, popup volume-list menu on or mouse button 2
- UI: FileDialog, '..' parent-DIR never considered to be HIDDEN
- UI: Right mouse button opens (popup) menu when RMBMENU is set ON
- UI: arrow/PGUP/PGDN keys on minimized window scroll output window
- XFS: Add more field definitions for the superblock, and display
DFSee Home: http://www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - mailto://info@
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.